Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekends are for Pinterest!

Every weekend I try to make at least one of my pinterest pins.  This weekend I made three!

I just had to try out the salted chocolate caramel pretzel bark!  Who doesn't LOVE salted caramel chocolate?

In an attempt to cut out all processed snacks and foods out of our diets, I wanted to give a whirl at making snacks for the kids lunches.  After all, I have to put something in their lunch boxes.   I found these homemade granola snack bars and just had to give them a try.


And I made my own dishwashing soap!   I looked around the web for recipes.  I was very nervous about using a recipe that used lye.  At least until I get comfortable with the whole soap making process. So I settled on this recipe.  It was quick and easy.  It takes a little bit to gather all the ingredients.  But once you have them on had you can make just about any homemade cleaner.  I not only made the homemade liquid dish soap from this site but I also made dishwasher detergent and citrus vinegar!
http://frugallysustainable.com is a very good resource for homemade cleaning supplies.  I found this one for baby recipes and am anxious to give those a try! 




Check out out my I Made This page for review on everything I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment