Sunday, August 12, 2012

Me and my crazy house

Welcome to my Crazy House.  Its just me,  my four kids, husband, one dog and two cats.  It is one crazy house, no doubt about it.  With 2 t(w)eens, a second grader and  an eight month old I barely have more than 5 minutes, when I'm not sleeping, to do anything that requires the use of both hands.  

Our house wasn't always crazy.  Then we decided to start a family. 

Corey and Jacob arrived together in 2001.  Adopted from Kazakstan at two and one years of age.  I skipped right past the honeymoon period that most parents get to experience.  Instead I was thrust right into the toddler stage with 2 needy (understandable so) little boys.  Corey had special needs which in itself had its own challenges.  But we did the best we could and both boys have grown, and I mean GROWN, into very handsome and well manner young men.

Christopher shocked us with his existence in 2004, after almost 10 years of trying to conceive.  He was born in spring 2005.  He is one sharp witted, smart and creative little boy.  He also keeps me running, just trying to keep up with his energy.

Anna Beth arrived 7 years later, after I had sworn I was DONE.  Three was enough for me, or so I thought.  I guess when God has a plan for you there is no ignoring it.  Today, I say three is for quitters ;-).  She is such a joy.  Such a happy, calm natured child.   She adds just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the boys.

So now I have the four kids I always said I wanted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment