Thursday, August 16, 2012

Physical Day

Today we killed 2 birds with one stone :-).  Anna Beth had her 9 month appointment and Jacob got his yearly physical.  2 kids, one room, back to back appointments.    Both are growing fast but I do say Jacob wins the award for this one.
He grew 8 inches in 1 1/2 years!  He is only 12!  At this rate he will be 7 ft.  Too bad he is too gangly and uncoordinated to play basketball or we may have a future NBAer on our hands.
Jacob's stats:  Height- 67.8 inches or 5'7  3/4"  The average height for a 15 year old. Did I say he is only 12!  Wearing mens smalls and size 18 (or 29x32) pants.
Marc is 5'8' and I'm a mere 5'1.5"  He obviously towers over me and is eye to eye with his dad.
As tall as Jacob is he is just as skinny.  9% body fat.  One can only dream of such numbers!  He barely broke 100 lbs!  Weighing in at 102.  You would think I never feed this kid!
I doubt there will be many kids as tall as Jacob in the 7th grade.  At least he will be easy to see at assemblies.

Anna Beth is growing too.  2 inches in 3 months and one pound.  She is now 28 inches long and 17.9lbs  Long and lean.  She is sprouting her top teeth and burning up as many calories as she consumes, cruising along furniture and crawling all around the house.  She never sits still, making diaper changes a real challenge these days.
And it just makes me so proud that no matter where we go, people just ooo and awe over Anna Beth. I can't tell you how many times I've been walking through Walmart or Target and a stranger stops to tell me she is beautiful.  Its not like the obligatory "your baby is so cute" that comes when people have nothing to say in a situation that clearly calls for a compliment.  People don't have to stop and talk to me in the store but they do.  I'm just so proud and amazed that I made something sooooooo beautiful! Marc played a small part in it too I guess ;-)
Thats my baby girl!  A real beauty!  If you don't believe me head over to My Crew page and take a look for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment